Saturday, August 22, 2015

Coincidences - Are You a Believer ??

I am generally not a believer in coincidence - been burned too many times in my career by following a data trail that seems compelling only to be jerked back to reality. So it goes.

The following essay was brought to my attention by StevanG (Jeff wise blogger) a couple of weeks ago. I had not seen it before, and I doubt many people have since it has not been referenced anywhere that I normally go relative to MH370. The author has a style that appeals to me - humble and unassuming. I have no opinion relative to his pedigree. I have not tried to validate his analytics. I present the essay as is. Link below. Please give it a careful read. It deserves that, IMO.

https://sites.google.com/site/mh370tibet/updates/05june2014

I will jump to the conclusion terminus with the graphic below (from the linked reference). The graphic shows the location of the wave height data collection sites.


A close up view of the terminus is shown below (from linked essay).


Contrast the above with my latest Christmas Island scenario (on this blog "Christmas Island Revisted"). I would "humbly" recommend reading that as well.


My speculative scenario was published prior to my awareness of the wave height essay referenced above provided to me by StevanG.  I think it is interesting. Certainly not anywhere near what I would categorize as compelling, however. Where is the f'ing debris?

Food for thought, in confusing times.

Added July 13, 2015

Tsunami wave speed as a function of ocean depth.


The height of the disturbance is small in deep water.